TYPE AND TYPOGRAPHY EXPERIMENTS
After 8 weeks of studying and exercising my new acquired acknowledgements, I am now showing (off) the new ideas I have concerning business cards.
As you can alreadt notice, there is a huge difference between my first house logo and my business cards.
Image 1 and 2:
For these two business cards I had some inspiration from this photographer, Vorderman, who has an unique way of seeing things. I loved the idea of a leaflet from which you can crop some contact details, so I overlaid this idea in indesign and made it mine. This way the borders appeared and also the contact details, so you can crop them.
The second image misses a line. After asking a few people what do they think about the card, I’ve noticed that in was too much, the whole picture was becoming too heavy, but I posted it here so that everyone can see the entire process.
It could most definitely show a wedding photographer. I used a font which resembles the famous Agent Provocateur, as you can see down here:
Because of its classy lines and curves, it makes the viewer form an opinion about the type of photography the artist makes.
The color - purple - not only that is highly appealing especially to women, but also gives a clue to the audience that the photographer is a sophisticated female.
A bit childish and a bit girlie, this business card is supposed to be funky and young, inducing a youthful state of mind. As an inspiration, I had Emmi Salonen’s business card, but I adapted from my perspective and I came out with this pink crazy thing. Of course, handwriting type of font and a lot of patience in drawing a lot of lines:
The next image… I wanted something a bit retro and a bit vintage, so I found a font just perfectand then I added my favourite little pink spalsh, a simetrical one, but it still felt incomplete.
Then, thinking about photoraphy, it crossed my mind that maybe I should add a shape that could make the audience think about a camera. So the circle came up. Chic and simple.
As an inspiration, look at this image and then transform it:
For all these images I used InDesign.
All the fonts came royalty free from: http://www.1001freefonts.com/